Presented by Konica Minolta
Sunday, February 25
11 AM - 2 PM
Volunteers should be 16 years of age or older. Younger volunteers must be accompanied by an adult.
Soup Sunday volunteers are needed for Set-up
(5-10am day of or 6-10pm the evening before the event. We will know the official time as we get closer to the event date) and Clean-up
(1:30-4pm) as well as in the following roles During the Event
- retrieves food from kitchen for Restaurants. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. and walk good distances
- Cleaning off and organizing table in Eating Zones for the next patrons to arrive
- Reheating hot food items, cutting cakes, breads, and other desserts
- Dispensing Soda for patrons
- Serve food items at Restaurant Table
A Pre-Shift meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. for volunteers in each of these positions.
All volunteers are asked to attend an orientation meeting held at the Youth Villages Operations Center (3320 Brother Blvd
). Orientation meetings are February 19 and 20, 6-7p.m.
We also ask volunteers to make a $5.00 donation
to offset the cost of the t-shirt and other expenses. This will be collected at the volunteer entrance of Soup Sunday.
We appreciate all of our Soup Sunday volunteers and all of the work you put in for this wonderful event! This year we are asking volunteers to refrain from sampling items until 2:00 p.m.
We will have snacks available to volunteers in the designated volunteer area.
Thank you, again, for being awesome volunteers!